» home » About PTEC.org
The PTEC website offers resources for faculty and master teachers engaged in teacher education, including:
- A digital collection of teacher education resources, including presentations and materials from past conferences and workshops. If you are engaged in teacher preparation, please consider submitting your resources to the PTEC Collection.
- A collection of PTEC member institution profiles
- Teacher education news and announcements
- A national map of professional development opportunities for physics teachers
Users of the PTEC.org website are encouraged to actively participate. They may comment on items listed in the database, participate in forums, suggest materials for the editor to include in the collection, and build personal collections of materials. Although anyone may use the database, participation requires the creation of a user account so that contributions can be connected to the user. Account creation is free and requires only a name and email address.
The PTEC website is provided by the American Physical Society in conjunction with the American Association of Physics Teachers, and is a member of the ComPADRE Digital Library. It is supported by the National Science Foundation. Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the APS, AAPT, ComPADRE, or the NSF.
Link to the PTEC Web Site
To indicate that your department is a member of PTEC, you may use one of our ready-made logos. Get a PTEC logo here.
- Editor: Dr. John Stewart
- Project Director: Dr. Theodore Hodapp
- PTEC Lead: Dr. Monica Plisch
- Project Manager: Gabe Popkin
- comPADRE Director: Dr. Bruce Mason
- Technical Lead: Lyle Barbato
- Web Designer: Matt Riggsbee
You can contact the website staff using our feedback form.