2010 Physics Teacher Education Coalition Conference
Physics Teacher Education Coalition
February 12, 2010 – February 13, 2010 in Washington, DC at the Omni Shoreham
Diversity in Physics Education: Preparing Teachers for the 21st Century
The 2010 PTEC Conference was held in conjunction with the American Physical Society “April” Meeting and the American Association of Physics Teachers Winter Meeting.
The conference featured parallel 90-minute workshop tracks with themes of:
- Building support for teacher education programs
- Closing the achievement gap
- Diversity in teacher recruitment
- Educating teachers in the physical sciences
- Preparing teachers for urban schools
- Teaching physics-specific pedagogical knowledge
- Kumar Garg, White House Office of Science & Technology Policy
- Stamatis Vokos, Seattle Pacific University
The findings and recommendations of the National Task Force on Teacher Education in Physics were released at this conference.
There was a contributed poster session on the evening of Friday, February 12. View abstracts.
The pre-conference workshop on the afternoon of Thursday, February 11th on the topic of Funding for Teacher Education Programs unfortunately had to be canceled due to inclement weather. More information